- Bladder leakage is NOT a symptom people have to put up with
- Incontinence occurs in men, women and people of all ages
- Drinking less fluid is NOT the answer to improving incontinence
- Incontinence can be managed by seeing a specialist continence physiotherapist
- An Australian study showed 83% of women with stress incontinence (leakage with cough, sneeze and exercise) were significantly improved in 1-5 treatments with a continence physiotherapist.
- Pelvic floor exercises are often a key component to management
What can I do now? (before seeing a continence physio)
- Take note of frequency of toileting
- Take note of certain triggers for your incontinence such as cough, sneeze, running, or particular times of urgency
- Make a booking with Emma, you do not require a doctors referral to see a continence specialist physio
How can we help?
- We are lucky to have Specialist Continence and Womens health Physiotherapist Emma Walls at Bodycare Physiotherapy
- Emma is highly trained in providing evidence based and individualised management for incontinence
- Emma will use a 1 hour assessment in order to fully assess the influencing factors and best treatment plan for you.